This is my last work and know Christmas is not that soon, but i will not have another chance to do it and it´s my favorite holiday and time of the year. so here you have a few fun facts about it, i hope you enjoy them!
- Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25. But there is no mention of December 25 in the Bible
- US scientists calculated that Santa would have to visit 822 homes a second to deliver all the world’s presents on Christmas Eve, travelling at 650 miles a second.
- THE tradition of putting tangerines in stockings comes from 12th-century French nuns who left socks full of fruit, nuts and tangerines at the houses of the poor.
- CAROLS weren’t sung in churches until they were introduced by St Francis of Assisi in the 13th century.
- NEARLY 60 million Christmas trees are grown each year in Europe.
- In 1999, residents of the state of Maine in America built the world’s biggest ever snowman. He stood at 113ft tall.
- BOXING Day gets its name from all the money collected in church alms-boxes for the poor.
- Robins on cards started as a joke 150 years ago when postmen wore red tunics and were named after them.
- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was invented for a US firm’s Christmas promotion in 1938.
- 6.8 million – The number of iOS and Android devices that will be activated on Christmas day.
- In Home Alone, the ugly photo of Buzz’s girlfriend is actually a boy because director Chris Columbus thought it would be too cruel to make fun of a real girl. The boy used in the picture is the art director’s son.
- During the Christmas period, nearly 28 Lego sets are sold EVERY SECOND.
- Japanese people traditionally eat at KFC for Christmas dinner, thanks to a successful marketing campaign 40 years ago. KFC is so popular that customers must place their Christmas orders 2 months in advance.
- 957 – The typical number of calories in your average Christmas dinner.
Santa Claus wasn´t created by Coca Cola.